Taste of Venezuela - Samples Pack (250g x 5) - Raw Cacao Beans - 100% Venezuelan Cocoa
Taxonomic Classification: Theobroma cacao
Origin : Venezuela.
TASTE OF VENEZUELA
You can have a pretty good approach to 5 different regions of Venezuela, a select group of five famous varietals. Taste them and select your favorite!
In the package you will find:
- 250 g Ocumare Beans
- 250 g Patanemo Beans
- 250 g Río Caribe Beans
- 250 g Trincheras Beans
- 250 g Sur del Lago Beans
- 250 g Carenero Superior (not available)
Harvest: Ocumare, Patanemo, Trincheras, December 2018
Sur del Lago, Río Caribe Superior, Carenero Superior Harvest February 2019
Shelf life: 24 months.
- Plastic bag 250 g each
It has been scientifically proven that the first cacao plants on planet Earth were born in two areas of Venezuelan territory. One, located in the south of “Lake of Maracaibo”, a region that covers parts of the states Zulia, Mérida and Trujillo, forests of cocoa trees so-called "Cacaos Criollos", known for the opalescent quality and whiteness of its almonds, its fruity flavor and the sensuality of its aromas, capable of giving an incomparable chocolate, with delicate and persistent flavor. The other zone of Venezuela where the cacao trees were grown is a region that covers “Paria”, “Delta del Orinoco” and “Amazonas”, there were born the trees of “Forastero” species, appreciated for their strength, resistance, and productivity, rather than for their aromas or flavors.
The “Trinitarios” cacaos, descendants of the Criollo and Forastero or Amazónico were born in the zones of the Delta of Venezuela, from where were brought to the island of Trinidad.
For this reason, Venezuela is called the Homeland of Cocoa.
Properties and Qualities: It is no accident that the main product of cacao, the chocolate, has been called the drink of the gods and was reserved for the elites of society, religious hierarchs, kings, and emperors. In addition to the aroma, tannins, and flavors, the cocoa is rich in natural antioxidants. In cocoa beans, we also find alkaloids such as theobromine and caffeine, which are dilating vessels, cardiovascular stimulants, the central nervous system, and appetite. Cocoa also has natural serotonin that works in the brain as a neurotransmitter and infallible ingredient against depression and phenyl-ethyl-amine,known as the molecule of love.
- The warehouse should have cement or non-flammable floors without cracks and crevices for insects to hide in;
- Ideally, the floor level should be higher than the surrounding land to prevent flooding and to allow water to flow away;
- Walls should be of non-flammable material without cracks and crevices;
- Adequate ventilation is necessary to prevent an increase in mould;
- The roof should be insulated but should not be made of wood;
- Bags may be bulk-stowed but ideally, the bottom layer should be on pallets allowing an air space of 5-10cm and the top layer should be at least 1m away from the roof. The stacks should also be positioned away from outside walls;
- Fumigation and other forms of insect control can be carried out to ensure that the products are pest-free;
- The cocoa should be regularly inspected;
- No other products should be stored with the cocoa to prevent contamination;
- Access to the storage areas can be controlled.
Disclaimer: this information is for educational purposes only and has not been evaluated by the FDA or CFIA. It is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
We Also Recommend
RÍO CARIBE SUPERIOR - 100% Venezuelan Finest Cocoa Beans - whole, unpeeled, raw.
SUR DEL LAGO - 100% Venezuelan Finest Cocoa Beans - whole, unpeeled, raw.
CARENERO SUPERIOR - 100% Venezuelan Finest Cocoa Beans - whole, unpeeled, raw
PATANEMO - 100% Venezuelan Finest Cocoa Beans - whole, unpeeled, raw